The Marathon Air Mesh Kevlar Jacket is made in the USA, custom for any size rider. The entire outer shell is made from Mesh Kevlar that is 10 times stronger than the best new competition grade leather. Click on "Save Your Hide" to see more on material tear/abrasion strengths. Click on "Testimonials and read the stories about our customers and how they love their Kevlar Suits.
The Marathon is a more stylish ¾ length jacket. Jacket tapers from the chest down. The back of the jacket is 2.5” longer than the front. Velcro adjust on the back instead of the chest in front. We make many of the Marathon Jackets in a custom length. Read: Waist Cut Jackets vs 3/4 Length Jackets Here
Consider the Marathon Air Mesh Kevlar Jacket for the following reasons: 1. If you ride in temps over 95f in traffic at slow speeds or if you ride in temps over 95f with a windshield/fairing. 2. If you ride off road at temps over 85f. 3. If you’re the type person that has a problem with heat when riding. 4. For hot dry desert type heat the all Stretch Kevlar is the best jacket.
• Air Mesh Kevlar Jacket standard color combinations: black, black/yellow, blue/black, gray/black and bright hi-viz/black. Many different color combinations can be made. To See the colors CLICK HERE!!
• Air Mesh Kevlar colors: black, red, blue, yellow, gray, KTM/Harley orange and high viz.
• Stretch Kevlar colors: black, red, blue, gray and bright yellow.
• Motoport can send material swatches to show the strength and different colors available.
• World's top rated, lightweight, perforated Tri-Armor that fully covers: Back, shoulders, elbow/forearms and chest. All Tri-Armor is in Velcro secured pockets and can be removed. Motoport's Tri-Armor covers more of the body that any other motorcycle apparel available. This provides the world's best coverage for over all impact protection. Tri-Armor molds to the body in 30 minutes or less. After initial break the armor becomes comfortable with no restriction of movement. The Tri-Armor is all perforated and does not make the shirt warmer in hot weather. The armor pulls the material away from the skin making an air space for the perforated armor to breathe. CLICK HERE to view the jacket Tri-Armor.
• 3-8 pounds lighter than leather. Does not shrink or harden or need conditioning
• Water resistant. Jacket will dry in minutes after a rainfall when riding.
• All critical seams are Safety Lock Stitched. All construction seams have over 2000 pound strength. Material is over lapped, 5 woven threads on the inside with 3 threads stitched over the top. Each individual thread has over 100 pound tear strength. (See Safety Lock Stitching in Motoport's Dictionary.)
• No Polyurethane coating.
• All zippers top quality YKK.
• Four large outer chest pockets..
• Two hand warmer pockets.
• Two inside zip pockets.
• Full wrap around pocket inside the back protector for a Camel Back or the optional liner or other gear.
• Velcro adjust in the back and additional Velcro adjustment on bottom hem of jacket.
• Snap adjustable wrists with additional zipper closure.
• Stretch Kevlar Fleece lined adjustable Velcro collar.
• 3M ASTM Rated 1.5" Yellow Scotchlite reflective across back.
• All Tri-Armor is in Velcro-secured pockets and can be removed. Motoport’s Tri-Armor covers more of the body than any other motorcycle apparel available. This provides the world's best overall coverage for impact protection.
• Hydrophilic Nylon Mesh Lining covering the inside of the jacket. This new Hydrophilic Mesh Lining will wick away sweat and make the suit feel comfortable against the skin.
SIZING IS REQUIRED TO PLACE AN ORDER!
Please Provide ALL the Measurements Listed In the Links above in the box to the Left.
• Quad Armor- a four-layer system that is the highest rated impact-absorbing armor in the world. Quad-Armor protects elbow/forearm, shoulder, back and chest. Quad-Armor has passed and exceeded the new EN Certification and covers more of the body than any other brand. See Quad-Armor in the ARMOR Section. $259.00 Read more about Quad-Armor click on "Must Read Articles".
• 3M 3" Scotchlite bright yellow reflective across back $10.00
• 3M 1.5" Scotchlite bright yellow reflective across the back. No charge.
• 3M 1.5" Scotchlite bright yellow reflective down the outside of both sleeves. $29.00
• 3M 1.5" gray Scotchlite reflective down the outside of both sleeves. $29.00
• Small zippered pocket on the sleeve for quick access to keys or change. $19.00
• Small zip chest pocket, on outside of right side chest pocket. Can be used for I-Pod, change, earplugs etc. $19.00
• Two 3M 1” Yellow Scotchlite bands around upper bicep area. $29.00
• We now have 3 different types of 100% Waterproof/Windproof/Breathable Aero-Tex Jacket Liners available.
1. Aero-Tex Jacket Liner with no insulation. Riding temperature ranges from 40F to 85F in comfort.
2. Two part liner with zip out Thermoloft Insulation. Ride from -20F to 55F with the optional Two Part Aero-Tex Liner. $189.00 Zip out the Thermoloft Insulation - it’s still 100% Waterproof/Windproof/Breathable and ride from 40f to 85f in comfort.
3. Aero-Tex Jacket Liner no insulation with zip in zip out Heated Jacket Liner. This is the ultimate in comfort for extreme cold weather riding. No other layering necessary. $298.00 Remote controllers to adjust heat are shown in the Accessories Section. Remove the liner completely and ride from 60f to 120f.
See: "Why Remove Aero-Tex Liner in Motoport's Dictionary".
• Remove chest cargo pockets. (No charge)
• Remove lower cargo pockets. (No charge)
• Shorter or longer jacket length. (No charge unless lengths are more than 2" shorter or longer than standard lengths)
• Emergency Information Pocket: If you crash and are unconscious or can’t move, this is the place to have Emergency Information. Blood type, allergies etc. can be put on a plastic card for quick easy to see important information for the paramedics or doctor. We use a bright red Stretch Kevlar panel and sew it on top of the right shoulder. It stays shut with a strong Velcro closure and has a pull tab for quick access. If you’re laying on your back or front side, this pocket can still be seen. $19.00
• www.leatt-brace.com We add a collar to the jacket that can be zipped on/off and the Leatt Neck Brace can be worn. We use a strong heavy duty YKK Zipper to attach the collar section when the brace is not being used. This custom collar has the same Polar Fleece on the inside with a Stretch Kevlar outside material. To see the Leatt Neck Brace CLICK HERE.
• Clear Velcro Pocket. (6” long and 4” wide) This pocket can be used for maps or identification to enter secure facilities. This pocket attaches very quickly with Velcro, and can be taken on and off in seconds. Unless specified, we put this pocket on the left sleeve $29.
• Clear ID Pocket. (4” long and 3” wide) This pocket is sewn on. The Clear ID pocket can be used for identification to enter secure facilities. Unless specified, we put this pocket on the left sleeve. $19.00
• Mesh Kevlar panel on the outside of the arm that extends from the elbow down to the end of sleeves. $39.00 Note: This is for looks only. Adding this Mesh Kevlar panel is not necessary for more protection.
Why is this better? The Mesh Kevlar is 10 times stronger than new competition grade leather and less than half the weight. See "Save Your Hide" to learn more about the tear and abrasion strength. The world's first all season 3/4 length Air Mesh Jacket that will take you from -20F to 85F with optional two part Waterproof/Windproof/Breathable zip in Aero-Tex liner. Remove the liner and have a fully breathable jacket or pant that will take you from 60f to 120F. You don't need two or three different riding outfits for different weather. The Marathon Mesh Kevlar jacket is great for any weather.
Only the best materials are used. Ask what the other brands of textile Jackets and Pants are made of. The majority today are made of Polyester that has a 100% Polyurethane Coating. Polyester has poor tear/abrasion strength, short life span with poor tolerance to UV rays, along with a very low melting range. Adding Polyurethane coating to Polyester is like adding gas to a fire. Sliding on pavement with any other textile jacket or pant is not safe. Motoport has seen many riders with permanent skin damage where the Polyurethane coating melted into the skin. (See Polyurethane in Motoport's Dictionary)
The new Marathon Air Mesh Kevlar Jacket material has the highest tear strength of any motorcycle jacket ever made! 500 Denier Cordura (the best material companies use for overall construction will tear at 22lbs). Leather ranges from 40 pounds to the best at 110 pounds. The Mesh Kevlar tears at 1260 pounds. Take your body weight and multiply that by the speed on a motorcycle. All the other nylon jackets and pants made can tear at a low speed tumble! If the best material of all other synthetic jacket/pants tears at 22lbs. imagine how poor the seam strength is!
Abrasion strengths of Polyester are not even close to adequate for riding a motorcycle on pavement. Click on "Save Your Hide" to see more on material strength. Also click on "Testimonials" to read stories about riders that love the Kevlar Suits.