The following mentions of the words “Stretch” and “Mesh” refer to the materials Made with Dupont™ Kevlar® Fiber.
The GP-1 Stretch Suit is made 100% in the USA, custom for every size rider. The is made entirely out of Stretch material Made with Dupont™ Kevlar® Fiber.
It is a one piece suit make for road racing or sportbike riding. Stretch doesn’t absorb heat like nylon/polyester or leather. Stretch is cooler than even perforated leather.
Motoport’s GP-1 and GP-2 stretch Suits are the only synthetic apparel approved for road racing. Stretch Material is Made with Dupont™ Kevlar® Fiber /Dynatec/Lycra blend that is five times stronger than the best competition grade leather. Click on “Save Your Hide” to see more on material tear/abrasion strengths. Click on “Testimonials and read the stories about our customers and how they love their Suits.
We combine the best suit material, over a 2000 pound seam strength, along with best coverage of armor compared to any other road racing suit. This combination makes the GP-1 the most protective road racing suit along with the most comfortable.
• World’s top rated, lightweight, perforated Tri-Armor that fully covers: Back, shoulders, elbow/forearms, chest, full wrap around thigh and knee shin. All Tri-Armor is in Velcro secured pockets and can be removed. Motoport’s Tri-Armor covers more of the body that any other motorcycle apparel available. This provides the world’s best coverage for over all impact protection. Tri-Armor molds to the body in 30 minutes or less.
After initial break the armor becomes comfortable with no restriction of movement. The armor doesn’t make the suit warmer in hot weather. The perforated Tri-Armor pulls the suit material away from the skin, providing an air space. This air space allows the armor to breathe.
CLICK HERE to view Tri-Armor.
• Sixty-four percent of this suit is constructed of 2 layers of stretch blend (a single layer of Motoport’s stretch blend is equal to competition grade leather for abrasion and has 5 times the tear strength. Double layers far exceed leather in every way). Note: All the new black Stretch is made with a new invention called “Cold Black”. The new black color made with this Cold Black stays 15 Degrees cooler than the previous black color. When touching the material it is actually feels cold. The Cold Black is in the dye of the material and will always work.
• Three to six pounds lighter than a leather one piece suit.
• Two inside zip chest pockets.
• All zippers are top quality YKK.
• Polar Fleece-lined collar with a Velcro closure at neck.
• Velcro patches for knee sliders.
• The New Hydrophilic Nylon Mesh Lining fully covers the inside of the suit. This new Hydrophilic Mesh Lining will wick away sweat and make the suit feel comfortable against the skin.
• Heavy duty main zipper. Sleeve and leg cuff zippers with Velcro closures. Note: Standard zip/Velcro cuffs are made to tuck into the boots.
• All construction seams are Safety Lock-Stitched to provide over a 2000 pound seam strength. See Safety Lock Stitching in the Motoport Dictionary.
• When it’s dirty, this suit can be washed in a washing machine, armor and all.
• The hips are covered with a thin Closed Cell EVA Foam that is sewn in and perforated. Any thicker or stiffer armor in the upper hip area will dig into the thigh when in a riding position.
• Quad-Armor – A four-layer system that is the highest rated impact-absorbing armor in the world. Quad-Armor protects elbow/forearm, shoulder, back, chest, full wrap around thigh and knee/shin. Quad-Armor has passed and exceeded the new EN Certification and covers more of the body than any other brand. See Quad-Armor in the ARMOR Section. $388.00. To read more about Quad-Armor and Motoport’s crash studies click on “Must Read Articles”.
• 3M 1.5″ Scotchlite reflective across back $19.00
• 3M 1.5″ Scotchlite reflective down the outside of both sleeves. $29.00
• 3M 1.5″ Scotchlite reflective across back and down the outside of both sleeves. $48.00
• 3M 1.5″ Scotchlite reflective in bright yellow across back. $19.00
• 3M 1.5″ Scotchlite reflective in bright yellow across back and down sleeves. $48.00
• 3M 3″ Scotchlite reflective in bright yellow across back. $39.00
• 3M 3″ Scotchlite reflective in bright yellow across back and 1.5″ bright yellow down the outside of both sleeves. $58.00
• Zip/Velcro cuff to go over boots. $29.00
• Emergency Information Pocket: If you crash and are unconscious or can’t move, this is the place to have Emergency Information. Blood type, allergies etc. can be put on a plastic card for quick easy to see important information for the paramedics or doctor. We use a bright red Stretch panel and sew it on top of the right shoulder. It stays shut with a strong Velcro closure and has a pull tab for quick access. If you’re laying on your back or front side, this pocket can still be seen. $19.00.
Clear Velcro Pocket. 6” long and 4” wide. This pocket can be used for maps or identification to enter secure facilities. This pocket attaches very quickly with Velcro, and can be taken on and off in seconds. Unless specified, we put this pocket on the left sleeve $29.
• Clear ID Pocket. 4” long and 3” wide. This pocket is sewn on. Clear ID pocket that can be used for identification to enter secure facilities. Unless specified, we put this pocket on the left sleeve. $19.
• www.leatt-brace.com. We add a collar to the jacket that can be zipped on/off and the Leatt Neck Brace can be worn. We use a strong heavy duty YKK Zipper to attach the collar section when the brace is not being used. This custom collar has the same Polar Fleece on the inside with a Stretch outside material. To see the Leatt Neck Brace Collar CLICK HERE.
About Materials Made with Dupont™ Kevlar® Fiber
Why is this better? The Stretch is 5 times stronger than leather and less than half the weight. See “Save Your Hide” to learn more about the tear and abrasion strength. The GP1-stretch Suit breathes better than a perforated leather suit and is machine washable armor and all.
When sliding on pavement with any leather, heat is generated instantly. If no hole is worn through, in many cases, the rider will have a burn under the leather from heat generated from friction during the slide. The GP-2 stretch Suit is made from a weave of three threads. Made with Dupont™ Kevlar® Fiber/ Lycra and Dynatec. Both Kevlar® and Lycra are fire retardant materials and will not transfer heat as severely as leather or any textile materials.
The GP-2 Stretch Suit has the highest tear strength of any motorcycle gear ever made! Take your body weight and multiply that by the speed on a motorcycle. The best competition grade leather tears at 110 pounds. In many cases just after a few months of use the leather looses tear/abrasion strength and can tear/abrade at a low speed tumble! Each time leather gets wet and dries it can lose up to 20% of the original tear/abrasion strength. Even after ten years of use the GP-2 stretch Suit maintains it original tear/abrasion strength.
• Stretch combination colors: black, red/black, blue/black, gray/black, bright yellow/black. Many different color combinations can be made.
• Solid colors can also be made in: black, red, blue, yellow, gray.
• CLICK HERE to view color samples of our material.
• Motoport can send material swatches to show the strength and different colors available.
We need all the measurements shown for a jacket/pant along with torso length. To determine correct torso length, measure from the base of the front neck (just below the Adam’s apple) down around the crotch, to the base of the neck in back (top of spine). These must be exact measurements, with only underwear on.)
• To support the claims made by Motoport , and to confirm the protective/long lasting qualities of clothing made from Materials Made with Dupont™ Kevlar® Fiber this garment has a 7-year warranty.
• IF YOU EVER CRASH, AT ANY SPEED, IN A MOTOPORT GARMENT (SUIT, JACKET, PANT, OR SHIRT) Made with Dupont™ Kevlar® FiberAND MOTOPORT CAN’T REPAIR IT, MOTOPORT WILL REPLACE THE GARMENT FOR FREE.
• This suit is custom made to your exact size and measurements and cannot be returned. If the fit is a problem, Motoport can alter to correct sizing issues in 3 to 5 working days. If you gain or lose weight Motoport can always alter the suit. Call for more information about alteration.
• Production times vary throughout the year. A current actual production time is on the home page directly below the flash photos.